Australian Immigration Home> Retirement to Australia
|About Us|Contact Us

Retirement Visas for Australia

The Australia temporary residence program includes a category for those wanting to live in Australia in retirement.

A Retirement Visa allows retirees to spend some of their retirement years in Australia.

You may apply for an investor Retirement Visa if you meet the following criteria: IMPORTANT:
Assets should not be sold until you are advised to do so by your immigration case officer. You will only be asked to sell assets once the Department of Immigration are confident that you meet all requirements to be granted a visa under this category.

What is a designated investment?

Designated investments are offered by State and Territory Treasury Corporations as: Repayment of the principle on maturity is guaranteed by the State or Territory government.

The Investor Retirement visa is a complex application involving a lot of paper submissions with detailed explanations of how the assets involved were acquired.

The Investor Retirement visa is also a three stage visa. Skillclear can guide you through all three stages of this particular visa and provide those crucial contact details for information on buying property in Australia, taxation obligations and information on visa extensions.

If your application is approved, you will be given a visa that will allow multiple travel in and out of Australia initially for 4 years. Before your visa expires, you may apply to remain for further stay of 4 years, however, you will need to satisfy particular criteria for this further visa. There is no maximum period for which you can remain in Australia as the holder of consecutive Investor Retirement visas.

Investor retirement visa holders are subject to the 8104 'limited work rights' condition and will be valid until the expiry of your current visa allowing you to work for up to 20 hours per week.

There are no concessions if you have any family or children in Australia.

Regional Australia/low population growth residential areas:

Applicants applying for Investor Retirement visa (subclass 405 - Temporary) may wish to consider living in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area when nominating your intended residence as these attract a lower level of annual income, designated investment and settlement funds required from applicants. Living in regional Australia or low population growth metropolitan area means that Investor Retirement visa holders can live anywhere in Australia except in Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, the NSW Central Coast, Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Perth, Melbourne or the ACT.

Australia Immigration
The work permit, immigration and other information contained on this web site does not constitute advice
and SkillClear hold no responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of such information contained therein.
Terms and Conditions of Business | Contact Us | Careers with SkillClear | Site Map | Link to Us

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional