Australian Immigration Home> Working Holiday Visas for Australia
|About Us|Contact Us

Working Holiday Visas for Australia

The Australia Working Holiday Visa allows working holiday makers to have an extended working holiday in Australia by supplementing their travel funds through incidental employment, and to experience closer contact with a local community in Australia.

A Working Holiday Visa for Australia allows the holder to:
We can offer this service for only 195 GBP - THIS INCLUDES THE 170 DOLLAR APPLICATION FEE!

An applicant must have a return ticket, or show that there are sufficient funds available for a return or onward fare from Australia after their working holiday.

Note also that if a holder of a 417 visa leaves Australia during the 12 month period for any reason the working holiday visa is NOT extended to allow for the period spent outside Australia.

Australia has reciprocal working holiday visa arrangements with 19 foreign countries: People who hold valid passports of most of these foreign countries are able to apply for a Working Holiday Visa in any country (except Australia).

Applicants who hold a valid passport from Japan, Korea, Malta, Germany, Hong Kong SAR (or a British National Overseas passport) or Cyprus, must apply in the foreign country which issued the passport.

The reciprocal nature of the arrangements ensures young Australians are also offered similar opportunities for cultural understanding through working holidays overseas.

Criteria for Visas

All Australian Working Holiday visa applications must be made overseas.

Applicants need to be: Their main reason for coming to Australia should be to holiday; any work they do should be to support themselves while they holiday. They should have a return ticket or sufficient funds for a return or onward fare as well as sufficient funds for the first part of their stay.

Working holiday makers are permitted a stay of 12 months from date of initial entry to Australia regardless of whether or not they spend the whole period in Australia. They are allowed to study or train for up to three months.

Work Conditions

Working holiday makers are permitted to do any kind of work of a temporary or casual nature. As the main purpose of the visit is for holiday and travel, work for longer than three months with any one employer is not allowed. Working holiday makers should be paid according to Australian award rates and conditions.

Australia Immigration
The work permit, immigration and other information contained on this web site does not constitute advice
and SkillClear hold no responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of such information contained therein.
Terms and Conditions of Business | Contact Us | Careers with SkillClear | Site Map | Link to Us

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional